COPD is a chronic lung disease that gets worse over time. It's sometimes called emphysema or chronic bronchitis. COPD is the third leading cause of death by disease in the United States with more than 15.3 million people suffering from it. It is known to cause serious long-term disability and early death.
However, there is hope! It is now understood that most forms of COPD/ emphysema result from accelerated aging, a pathological mechanism also involved in various chronic disease. Genes associated with inflammation are upregulated in COPD sufferers while genes associated with tissue repair are down regulated. The leucocyte telomere lengths, one of the main aging markers, are also much lower than average for COPD patients and their lung fibroblasts have impaired ability to restructure collagen.
Benefits of Embryonic Stem Cells for those with COPD
Embryonic stem cells are known to elongate the telomeres and they repair skin fibroblasts as established in our rejuvenation studies. This is why patients who suffer from COPD are able to reverse some or all of their symptoms with the Embryonic stem cell treatment that we offer in combination with specific peptides such as GHK peptide.
During the first week of the treatment, patients notice increased energy, increased capacity to walk. By the end of the 4th week of treatment, most of the COPD patients have significantly better breathing and capacity of movement. Their family also notice changes in their mood, in their desire to plan ahead and live as their impairment lessens. Progress will depend on how severe the condition is as well as whether other organs have degenerated or not. Each condition is reviewed at the beginning of the treatment and programs are adapted to the needs of each patient. A minimum of 4 weeks is usually recommended in order to see significant changes in the patient's condition.
To learn more about our protocol or to be directed to an affiliated practitioner, you may fill up the contact form and a representative will contact you shortly.
The Stemaid™ COPD Protocol includes:
- Personalized cleanse treatments which may include ozone therapy and chelation therapy following the ACAM protocol (American College of Alternative Medicine) to remove toxins, especially the heavy metals for past smokers.
- Peptides to assist the collagen structure rebuilding. The peptide GHK is used everyday to assist the embryonic stem cell’s work 2. Other peptides are added depending on the need.
- 20 million Embryonic Stem Cells by IV, 6 times per week for 4-5 weeks.
1. Transplantation of human embryonic stem cell-derived alveolar epithelial type II cells abrogates acute lung injury in mice
2. A gene expression signature of emphysema-related lung destruction and its reversal by the tripeptide GHK